The goal is to live as long as we want, in perfect health, surrounded by our beloved ones. More than a goal, this is a meaning of life! We have resolved our spiritual quest and anything that will contribute to this quest will nourish our spirituality.
Future Is Great is a refreshing, optimistic, modern, reasonable and very accessible intellectual and cultural movement. It holds the vision and values we would be sharing with you in this defining manifesto.
This manifesto will evolve as our movement progresses and as we get feedbacks from our sympathizers.
- Human life: We value human life which we judge worthy of preservation.
- Optimism: In these pessimistic times, we are optimists. We believe in humanity’s ability to resolve most of its problems. Consequently, we believe that the future is great and that the best is yet to come.
- Individually: The goal is to live as long as we want, in perfect health, surrounded by our beloved ones. More than a goal, this is a meaning of life! We have resolved our spiritual quest and anything that will contribute to this quest will nourish our spirituality. This main goal is the foundational stone of the Future Is Great movement.
- For humanity as a whole: the peaceful colonization of the universe.
- Often people have a negative view of the future. The future is perceived as dark and the technologies frightening, yet they are our best way to solve our fundamental problems.
- Human life is threatened by a lot of problems and we have isolated 4 major ones preventing us from achieving our goals, they are: Aging, Disease, Poverty and Environmental Problems. We call these problems the “4 arch foes”, and to us they are… UNACCEPTABLE.
- Foster a cultural shift: change people’s perception of the future, give them a glimpse of a bright future and the usefulness of technological advances to achieve it.
- The controlled development of beneficial technologies to eradicate these 4 arch foes. Technology is the best means we’ve got to put an end to the 4 arch foes and enjoy the benefits of radical life extension.
- Make Future Is Great known by spreading its values, objectives and educate people about its message. One way of doing so is by spreading the brand. Another way will be by illustrating artistically what could be our great future, to inspire people and make them optimistic.
- Then when there are enough of us, we will generate funds to finance scientific and technological researches and developments in a bid to eradicate the 4 arch foes and prevent human life from the biological decay which we judge as unwanted.
Those were the core elements of our manifesto. But here are various supplemental elements to our vision:
- We are not making any promises. We think that human life is worthy of preservation and that it might be possible to slowdown, interrupt, and maybe reverse the aging process, but we are not sure. We believe it is something that can happen, we believe it is more likely to happen than not in a more or less distant future, but we are not making any promises.
- We would also like to emphasize the potential fictional premises of our illustrations, slogans, and various artworks: they do not necessarily reflect a guaranteed future, but rather something we would like to see happening and hope to help achieve.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE
Each individual should remain free to choose to benefit from the technological interventions advocated by Future Is Great. It is by no means something that should be forced upon individuals.
HUMAN NATURE PRESERVATION
- Categorically, Future Is Great does not advocate -like some transhumanists and posthumanists propagators do- the radical alteration of human nature. We want to prevent aging and disease, but a human from a “Future Is Great” era, would be indistinguishable from a contemporary human (except for the huge life extension). We do not completely reject radical improvements such as increased cognitive or strength capacity, but it is none of our concern and we believe such questions will and should be subject to a moratorium. Our only concern is the preservation of human life.
- As such we do not particularly encourage advancement in anthropomorphic strong artificial intelligence, as it is not a concern for us.
- Future Is Great is not an absolutist utopia; the movement doesn’t seek an ideal world; it wants to liberate humanity from the four arch foes. It doesn’t seek an abolishment of human suffering. One can live as long as wanted, and still suffer from heartache, unfulfilled ambition, various individual, ethnical or social confrontations… Future Is Great is not concerned by those domains.
RELIGION AND POLITICS
- We set ourselves apart from any kind of religious or political issue. It is of course not our role to control the opinions and beliefs of those who wish to support our cause. It is the individual responsibility of those who wish to join us to explore their own beliefs and see if they are compatible with those of Future Is Great.
- Future Is Great is NOT a religion: It carries no Dogma, was not revealed by a prophet, does not carry a divine message, does not hold any truth, does not explain the origin or the end of the universe, is not a guarantee of eternal life, reincarnation or rebirth, and is not founded on the supernatural.
IT’S GOING TO BE TOUGH…
- We strongly believe that the future is great and that at some point humanity will technologically resolve most of its fundamentals problems which will pacify relations between humans and countries, but it is going to be tough, we know this. Lots of research will have to be accomplished. There may be new conflicts, wars and epidemic but in the end, our vision should prevail no matter what. Our vision will prevail with or without Future Is Great, so prepare for tough times and let the vision of Future Is Greatcomfort you in the tough times.
- Actually, the more people share our vision and engage in research and development of beneficial technologies, the faster we get solutions to the four arch foes. If Future Is Great can give vision to people and engage them into our direction, we might even be able to speed things up a little.
A NON-EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF VALUES HELD IN ESTEEM BY FUTURE IS GREAT SYMPATHIZERS:
- Cultivation of healthy human relations in friendship, family and love
- Perpetual quest to acquire and diffuse new knowledge
- Scientific culture
- Human science culture
- Free thinking
- Critical thinking
- Democratic principles
- Respect for laws in a democratic society
POST’S CALL TO ACTION
Do you recognize yourself in Future Is Great values and goals? Do you want to break the status quo against aging, disease and all this crap?
THEN JOIN THE MOVEMENT:
Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/futureisgreat/
Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/futureisgreat/
Follow Future Is Great on Twitter: https://twitter.com/future_is_great/
Follow Future Is Great on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/futureisgreat